- 01. What is SCALE?
It is an ISO certified Non-Government Organization (NGO) registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860, India. It is also FCRA approved.
- 02. What does it do?
It works for improving the quality of the marginalized sections of people in rural & semi-rural areas.
- 03. How does it differ from other NGOS?
It is 100% statutory compliant NGO for the last 18 years of its working. Less than 1% of NGO’s are registered under FCRA, SCALE has been one of them for the last decade. It is an ISO 9001:2015 certified NGO conforming to the principles of transparency, compliances & processes. Though it is yet to take government funds, SCALE has delivered outstanding results during the last 18 years of its service.
- 04. Why so many areas?
We have a well -structured organization with expertise in computer education, environment & women empowerment. So managing the multiple streams is not a challenge.
- 05. How can I contribute?
One can contribute through donation as well as voluntary services.
- 06. From where does SCALE gets the fund?
SCALE‘s funding has been through credible donors, including corporates, foundations & members.
- 07. Why have you selected Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and NCR Delhi?
Our expansion has been in a phased manner. We had started with Uttarakhand in 2002 because the state was newly formed. It had few avenues for learning & skill building. Thus the livelihood options were very limited. Later replication & expansion happened in other need based areas.
- 08. Are you certified under Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA)?
Yes, SCALE is a FCRA certified organization.
- 09. Do you have 80G Income Tax 50% rebate?
Yes, SCALE offers 80G rebate.
- 10. If I contribute how will I get the 80G benefit?
SCALE will send you the receipt & rebate notification against your donation to SCALE. Along with this receipt and the rebate notification, please submit it with your tax returns.
- 11. How do you choose your areas of work?
SCALE always carries out the assessment surveys in targeted areas, prior to its project selection. This is to determine the needs of the area as well to establish if the people are from an economically weaker section of our society. Besides SCALE takes only those projects where it has the competence to make a substantial difference to the lives of the beneficiaries.
- 12. How do we select schools for IT education??
We select only those schools which are economically backward, needs support and importantly, it has the hunger to deliver the qualitative results.
- 13. Does SCALE charge the schools?
SCALE does not charge. However, it will continue to monitor the results, utilization of its resources and also mentor the stakeholders in schools.
- 14. How do you manage your finances, auditing, etc?
We have fortnightly submissions of expenses done to our auditors. We have a quarterly review of our accounts. Auditing is done once a year.
- 15. Which are your focus areas?
SCALE is focussed in promoting solar energy, women empowerment & quality IT education in rural & semi-urban areas.
- 16. Can we donate for a specific project?
Yes, you can donate for a specific project.
- 17. How will I get an update on the projects contributed for?
Donors will be apprised on the project through SCALE newsletter to the donor or through its website https://www.scaleind.org
- 18. How will I get the expense update on the project?
If you are a member, balance sheet copy will reach you anyway. If a donor, your donation utilization report will be sent to you. If there is a specific request, SCALE will address it accordingly.
- 19. How does SCALE enrol new members?
One needs to put in one year of active voluntary service on any of SCALE project/s. Once eligibility is complied with, then it needs only the Governing Council approval.
- 20. If you refuse membership will you let us know the reason for refusal?
We will certainly inform the person in case the applicant does not meet the eligibility norms.
- 21. How do I apply for a volunteer work?
One needs to fill the Voluntary Registration Form for approval.
- 22. If I am in another city, how can I contribute through funds?
One can wire transfer the funds to SCALE account. For the organization, it can also associate with SCALE on specific projects.
- 23. If I am an Indian or a NRI / foreigner what information is needed for giving donation?
If one is an Indian resident, a copy of the Pan Card is needed with details of address & the phone number. If one is Non-Resident Indian or a foreigner, one has to provide the details of the Passport / Security Number having the name, address, phone numbers & bank name.
- 24. Will the information provided be confidential?
It will have to be shared with the bank & Ministry of Home which handles the donations under FCRA.
- 25. Is SCALE open to new idea??
SCALE keenly looks forward to any constructive and viable ideas from people. Any suggestions which help to improve and develop SCALE model for efficient delivery to the under-privileged sections of our society will always be welcomed.